With so much newfound time at home, many people have become interested in trying CBD as a way to relieve stress, aid with sleep, or simply pass the time. When first considering using CBD, people often have a lot of questions and concerns. We put together a guide to address these questions and help you find the best CBD product and dosage for your needs.
Which type of CBD is right for me?
CBD comes in many different forms: topicals, tinctures, edibles, or vaporizers. With such a large selection, it can be overwhelming to figure out where to start. While there is no “best” way to take CBD, each method has its pros and cons, which depending on your goals, preferences, and lifestyle, will help you determine which is best for you.
Provides targeted relief for specific pain and inflammation
- Useful for various skin conditions and ailments
- Can be combined with essential oils and other beneficial ingredients
Can be messy
- Does not enter the bloodstream, thus only provides relief to the specific area
- A convenient way to consume CBD
- Variety of forms and flavors
- Slow absorption
- Provides a relatively low dose of CBD compared to the other methods
- Fast absorption
- Easy to use (for both humans and animals)
- Versatile consumption methods (can be taken alone, or added to food and beverages)
- Flexible dosing
- Taste can be unappealing to some users
- Highest absorption rate
- Effects are felt almost immediately
- Effects last a shorter amount of time
- The stigma around smoking/vaping
How Much CBD Should I Take?
There are several factors that influence a person’s optimal CBD dosage, including weight, diet, metabolism, sleep patterns, stress levels, genetics, and overall sensitivity. These variables make finding your optimal dose an individual process that varies from person to person and may take several trials to get right. When first starting out, it is important to take CBD, regardless of the form, in small increments and remain patient.
For people with little or no experience using CBD, most start off with a low dose of around 10-20mg. They then slowly increase the dose to determine what is most effective for them.
Note: Canadian dispensaries that sell CBD such as Online Dispensary Canada will be able to answer any of your questions if you are still unsure of what cannabis dosage to take. Being more informed on what you can and cannot do, will just ease any anxiety you might have about certain products.
If you are ready to get started, head over to our website and browse and learn more about our wide selection of tinctures, topicals, edibles, and more. If you have any questions about our products, you can call or email us and a member of our knowledgeable staff will be happy to help you. When you are ready to purchase, order online and get free shipping for a limited time.
Image provided by: IrinaStrelnikova/iStock