Pumpkin spice is the ultimate flavor of fall. As Eliza Cross, author of Pumpkin It Up notes, pumpkin spice encompasses the warmth and coziness of the holidays and being home. These associations have led to the growing popularity of pumpkin-spice flavored products, particularly the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
So why not make the pumpkin spice latte even more cozy and relaxing by adding CBD? CBD chef Carylann Principal puts a new spin on this seasonal favorite that will make you feel your fall-best.
CBD PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Author Carylann Principal
Yield 4 Cups
- 1/3 cup canned 100% pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 40 milligrams CBD oil or CBD tincture (unflavored)
- 1 cup strong coffee, espresso or instant coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream, fresh or ready made
1. Measure then add the first 9 ingredients into a 4-quart saucepan and whisk all together.
2. Heat over medium high till it just comes to a boil. Whisk often. Do not over-boil or the milks will separate.
3. Whisk in your CBD till incorporated
4. When hot, pour into 4 mugs and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle some extra spice on top and enjoy.
If using CBD, you can add more or less depending on your needs. As always, we recommend starting with a low dose and slowly increase the amount each time you make the drink until you reach your desired effect.